When Dealing with Collins Medical, always expect great service & satisfaction! Come in and test out our bathroom safety products today!
Frightening Statistic: 70% of accidents in the home occur in the bathroom.
According to a 2011 study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 200,000 Americans are treated in emergency departments for bathroom-related injuries annually.
Bathrooms can be the most dangerous place in the house, especially for the elderly. Slick floors, hard ceramic fixtures, tight quarters around splashing water can be quite hazardous. So, it stands to reason finding ways to alleviate accidents is a top priority.
Here are some helpful tips for making the bathroom a safer place for your loved one:
- Place non-skid mats on the floor of the shower stall or bathtub.
- Install anchor grab bars in and around the shower, bathtub and toilet. Be sure to test them for strength and stability.
- Consider placing a stool or shower chair in the tub or shower.
- The toilet can be modified with a raised toilet seat.
- A hand-held shower head makes it easy to shower if using a shower chair.
- Provide a place to sit and take care of toiletries, such as brushing the teeth, if your loved one tires quickly.
- Remove any area rugs which could cause your loved one to trip or fall.
When it comes to bathroom safety, you and your loved one cannot afford to cut corners. A safe bathroom will give you the peace of mind that you or your loved one can go to the bathroom or bathe with a significantly lower risk of injury.
Many of our products include bariatric models, for larger people who require a higher weight capacity.
Stop in and talk with our knowledgeable staff about what products you may need to make the bathroom a safer place for you or a loved one.
Ask us about our bathroom remodeling services offered by Collins Accessibility Solutions, A division of Collins Medical Equipment. Call 203-307-2390!
Browse our inventory
and come pick up your items Today!!!